Tuesday, September 11, 2012

madeleine slides.

My friend and past housemate (woop woop 208 McCauley) Madi was in the city last week and together we made the wonderful discovery of an SF gem: hidden concrete slides! Many people know about the Seward Street slides but I had never heard of any others in the city. We were originally on a mission in Golden Gate Park to ride the children's carousel (which was sadly closed) and happened upon these slides, which were tucked away in the Children's Quarter. They were fun. And fast! I will definitely visit them again next time I'm in the park. 

How to Slide Like a Pro:

1. Get piece of cardboard and scoop up sand for extra speed (bonus tip from the neighborhood kids).
2. Run to the top! Do not spill your sand, do not fall down.
3. Pour the sand onto the top of the slide, set down your cardboard on top of the sand, and push off.
4. You will be surprised at how fast you go; be careful to not careen off the edge. For real.
5. Get tons of sand in your shoes upon landing and be proud that you're the only adult using the slide.

Have fun and repeat!


. . .



2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun - I am afraid my butt would get wedged in!
    Let's go there next time I come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES WE ARE DEFINITELY DOING THIS WHEN I VISIT AGAIN

    ReplyDelete